Pacelab Australia- Sydney
Pacelab Coach Workshop
PaceLab will run a workshop for several coaches interested in developing their understanding of the PaceLab Principle. The session will consist of two hours of theory and then two hours of practical.
What will be covered?
- Explore the key descriptors of bowling fast.
- Learn how to adapt techniques based on the dynamic systems theory.
- Dive into the peculiarities of bowling, including the PaceLab Hip and Knee classification.
- Learn about tactical periodisation. What you do off the field must help on the field.
- Discover the difference between implicit and explicit learning.
- Learn how to tap into your subconscious as a coach
- Uncover the secrets of effective training transfer.
- Find out how to create variability in the training process.
- Understand the importance of strength in bowling.
- Explore the possibility of increasing your speed.
This workshop is suitable for all aspiring fast bowling coaching and S&C Coaches looking to gain an edge and develop their understanding of the PaceLab Fast Bowling Principles. This session benefits you no matter where you are on your fast-bowling coaching journey. You will be exposed to world-leading, science-driven fast bowling methods and interventions. It is a fantastic and rare opportunity to learn from one of the best in the business, develop your coaching skills, and build your confidence to deliver a fast bowling programme in your coaching environment.
Saturday 13th Jan 2024 - 9:00am - 1:00pm
2 Hours Theory
2 Hours Practical
The man behind Pacelab
Steffan Jones is a former dual professional sportsman and serves as the High-Performance Fast Bowling coach for the Rajasthan Royals Cricket Team in the IPL. He also consults for individual fast bowlers, javelin throwers and pitchers globally. Steffan has a unique combination of qualifications in sports science, strength and conditioning, and technical coaching. His innovative methods are data-driven, and he is the only cricket coach qualified to teach with the Lila movement Exogen suit.
Steffan's focus on specific strength, utilising methods like weighted ball bowling, the Bondarchuk classification, and skill-stability training, has gained him global recognition and praise for changing and stabilising technique.